Sunday, February 17, 2013


 Philippians 4:2-9
Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice! Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon.
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. Then the God of peace will be with you.

Can you see God despite the circumstances and events that are stressing/worrying you?
Can you see God in the relationships that are stressing/worrying?

Paul tells us that when we look for God in all our events, circumstances and relationships he will control our hearts and minds and the result of that is a peace that goes beyond all understanding. Often times we look for God's help in those times and rightly so but we never stop to SEE God and all his gifts.  We spend our time working on a plan to deal with life or just simply being frustrated.  We do not look for God.  God is found in the things that are true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, admirable,  excellent ,and worthy of praise.  

Despite your work situation what is your Phil 4 Thoughts?
Despite your relationship with your spouse, parents what are your Phil 4 Thoughts?

Post your Phil thoughts in the midst of circumstances, events and relationships that are stressing you.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Last week I was able to trust God with the outcome of an uncertain situation at my work. Because of that, I felt like I was able to have his peace in the middle of uncertainty, regardless of the outcome. And in retrospect, I have realized recently that the outcome usually ends up being fine for whatever I was worried about previously, so I really don't need to worry. This sermon has been a good reminder for me to be content in my situation instead of feeling like I need to have an answer or a solution or a favorable outcome in order to be ok.